Last edit: Peter Favrholdt on May 18, 2006 22:46 (4026 days, 22 hours and 30 minutes ago) (diff)
Rtai.Dk | RecentChanges | Preferences | DIAPM RTAI
When reading this page, remember that some of the information probably is outdated. If you find any information which is out of date, please delete or correct it.
Which RTAI version should I choose?
There is a [list and description of RTAI Versions] on the Mailinglist from Jan 2005. Below you can find a list of RTAI Versions, along with their CVS tree names, Announcement emails and sometimes further information.
Currently there are two RTAI Version series developed in parallel:
see also: [RTAI development process]
About RTAI Versions and names
To sum up, here are the relationships between the CVS tree names and RTAI release numbers:
- Etna: 24.1.11
- Stromboli: 24.1.12, 24.1.13
- Kilauea: 3.0, 3.0r2, 3.0r3, 3.0r4, 3.0r5 [Announce]
- Magma: aiming at 3.3
- Supported Linux Kernels: 2.4.xx, 2.6: <= 2.6.12 ?
- Further details about fusion (experimental): , .
- 0.8 [Announce]: With this release, fusion is now reliable enough to enter a productive testing phase. This should lead us to the first stable release 1.0 by mid-September.
- 0.8.1 [Announce] (i386, ia64, ppc; no arm yet)
- 0.8.2 [Announce]
- 0.8.3 [Announce]
- 0.9 [Announce]: Fusion has left the "experimental" state, since we do have the necessary distance now to know about its capabilities.
- 0.9.1 [Announce]
How to access RTAI CVS
(This is what you need when you want the latest, not yet released code.)